Workers’ Compensation Claim Medical Providers

Home » Workers’ Compensation Claims Process » Workers’ Compensation Claim Medical Providers

Understanding How Medical Care Is Provided After An Iowa Workplace Injury

When you are injured at work, it is important you get medical care as soon as possible. Getting medical attention early will establish clear documentation of your injury, which may be important for your claim.

The workers’ compensation claims process can be confusing and the answers from employers and insurance companies are not always clear. The attorneys at Loney & Schueller, LLC, in West Des Moines, can guide you through this process. They have more than 50 years of combined experience helping injured workers maximize compensation for work injuries.

Who Gets To Select Your Medical Provider?

In Iowa, injured workers must be treated by a medical provider chosen by their employer. Once you report your injury to your employer, your employer will give you the name of an authorized medical provider. The medical provider will provide treatment to you while you are unable to work. If you do not go to an authorized medical provider, your medical expenses may not be covered.

What Should You Do While You Are Out Of Work?

While you are recovering from your injury, you should keep records of your medical appointments, mileage and any expenses incurred for food and lodgings. Make sure your authorized medical provider is billing the workers’ compensation insurer and not your personal insurance company.

Can I Get A Second Medical Opinion?

Although you cannot choose your medical provider for your treatment while you are recovering from a work injury, once you have achieved maximum medical improvement and have been issued a disability rating, you do have the option of seeing another doctor for a second opinion on that rating.

Talk To Our Des Moines Workplace Injury Attorneys Today

To make sure you receive all the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve, schedule an appointment with our lawyers. We offer a free consultation. Find out how we can help you maximize your recovery. You can reach us using our online form or by calling tel:1-515-225-4485. Wherever you are in Iowa, we can help.

Get All The Compensation You Deserve. Call Our Attorneys Today.

Contact us online, or call us at 1-515-225-4485 to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Des Moines personal injury attorney. We handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no attorney’s fees unless we are able to recover compensation on your behalf.

How Can We Help?

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Contact Us for A Free Consultation

Our law office is conveniently located at 50th St. and I-235 in West Des Moines. We have successfully represented thousands of personal injury and Iowa workers’ compensation clients. Call 1-515-225-4485 for a free consultation. You never pay attorneys’ fees until we win and recover for all of your losses either in a favorable settlement or trial verdict.

What Our Clients Say


Randy vigorously negotiated my case and I received a lump sum payment in excess of $200,000. He worked extremely hard for me and made sure I was taken care of. I am more than pleased with the outcome of my case.

Rusty from St. Augustine, Florida

Without Eric’s help and guidance I am not sure where I would be. I thank the person who referred Eric to me every day. I recommend that others use Eric for their workers’ compensation cases.

Terry of Iowa

Sarah also obtained a settlement from homeowner’s the insurance company. I would certainly recommend Sarah to represent you with regard to injuries received due to a dog bite.

Shane of Des Moines, Iowa