Passionate About Fighting For The Rights Of Injured Clients

PPD And Social Security Disability Benefits

If your Iowa workers’ compensation doctor has signed off on your work-related injury or occupational disease as a permanent disability, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) payments.

You are eligible for a Social Security permanent disability settlement after being out of work for 12 consecutive months. But don’t wait to file. As soon as your workers’ compensation doctor has signed off on your permanent disability, get your Social Security application started. That way, you will be eligible to start receiving payments as soon as you pass the 12-month period.

Even with a qualifying permanent total or partial disability, getting your SSDI claim approved is no easy task. Statistics indicate that up to 80% of initial claims are denied, usually on technicalities. The process is cumbersome and frustrating, often requiring up to a year of record-gathering and refiling before getting approved.

How Do I Get My Social Security Benefits After My Workers’ Comp Disability Settlement?

Talk to an Iowa workers’ compensation attorney at Loney & Schueller about making the connection between your Iowa workers’ comp settlement and federal Social Security payments. We have helped hundreds of injured workers and their families get the money they need when they can no longer work.

How can you afford a lawyer? Learn how at our contingency fees information page.

From offices in West Des Moines, we represent injured workers throughout the state. Call toll-free 888-912-8250 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced Des Moines permanent partial disability (PPD) lawyers. No matter where you are in the state, we are ready to come to you.

We do not refer out our cases or pass our clients around to associate attorneys or paralegals. At Loney & Schueller, you get direct access and personalized attention.

Remember – you pay NO attorneys’ fees unless we help you recover money in a settlement or verdict.