Passionate About Fighting For The Rights Of Injured Clients

Answering Some Of The Most Common Questions About Motor Vehicle Accidents

At Loney & Schueller, LLC, we have decades of combined legal experience helping our Iowa clients fight for the compensation they deserve after a motor vehicle accident (MVA) in Iowa. We know that you have questions and concerns after suffering injuries due to a crash or accident that was not your fault.

Below, we share some of the most commonly asked questions that we have answered for our clients during our first meetings:

Should I talk to my company’s insurance representatives before talking to an attorney?

It is vital to consider that when you talk to your insurance company after an accident, their representatives will do everything to decrease your settlement. They may even try to blame you for the accident. We suggest talking to an attorney first about your accident to learn your rights and what your compensation should include. A lawyer can also negotiate a settlement on your behalf.

How can I afford the medical care I need after my accident while not working?

If you have insurance, workers’ comp, Medicaid or Medicare, such institutions should pay for your treatment. If you don’t have insurance, you may request a bank loan to pay your bills or ask for a hold on your medical bills if health services allow you to do so. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may even apply for lawsuit financing. This loan will enable you to cover your expenses while you have an ongoing suit before the party at fault compensates you for your accident.

Whatever the circumstances, a skilled personal injury attorney can help you explore your options and ensure you get the compensation you deserve. We also recommend talking to a lawyer if you were severely injured and might require longer to recover or costly resources to live life as normally as possible.

After my accident, when should I seek medical care?

You should seek medical assistance right after your accident, preferably. Adrenaline may hide the symptoms of severe injuries that could even put your life at risk. Therefore, it is essential to seek medical care and document your injuries. Information about your medical follow-up may become evidence to back up your insurance claim or lawsuit against the negligent party who caused your accident.

I’m not sure if I have a case. What can I do?

A good starting point is to discuss your case with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer. Based on your accident’s unique circumstances and facts, an attorney can help you determine if you have a case. Drawing from their experience, they will also explain your options and what you can expect if you decide to file a lawsuit.

How will I pay a personal injury attorney if I can barely pay my current expenses?

Personal injury attorneys like us work on a contingency basis, which means that you pay our fees when we recover your compensation. You can rest assured that we will fight tirelessly to cover your needs and will not settle for less.

Your Initial Consultation Is Free Of Charge

Contact our West Des Moines office to schedule your case evaluation. Call 888-912-8250, or stay online and send an email including a brief description of your issue.