PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Loney & Schueller, LLC
Free Consultation 515-505-3013

What Kind of Settlement Can I Expect?

I've been injured while working...what kind of settlements are available?

Types of cash settlements include:

  • Temporary disability: Weekly cash payments to cover your loss of earnings while you are unable to return to work at the same pay rate and job tasks previous to your injuries. Payments are made based on your average weekly earnings prior to your injury. Payments continue until your doctor signs off that you have achieved maximum medical recovery (MMR).
  • Permanent disability, total or partial: If your injury will not allow you to return to work, you may qualify for a weekly cash payment while you are receiving medical treatment. You may also qualify for a lump sum workers' comp settlement. If your doctor signs off that you have achieved maximum medical recovery, but you are unable to return to work in your previous capacity (or at all), you may qualify for federal Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)income.
  • Second Injury Fund: This unique fund is financed by Iowa insurance providers with a special annual payment. The fund was established to offer another layer of wage protection for GIs returning from World War II with war-related injuries. In short, if you had a pre-existing injury or medical condition and suffer another work-related injury or disease, your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier may pay additional cash payments out of this fund.
  • Third-party claims: When you accept a workers' compensation insurance settlement, you forfeit your right to sue your employer for additional compensation. However, if you can demonstrate that your workplace accident or injury was the result of negligence by a third party, such as the property owner or product manufacturer, you may sue for additional compensation, including pain and suffering.

If you've been injured while at the workplace, or doing a work-related activity, call Eric, Randy, and Sarah at 515-225-4485 or visit us at We will sit down with you, go over your claim with you, and then we will fight vigorously to ensure you get your rightful & maximum compensation!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Set Up A Free ConsultationGet the help you need.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

This site uses Google's Invisible reCAPTCHA, which is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Office Location: