PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Loney & Schueller, LLC
Free Consultation 515-505-3013

What If You're Injured While Traveling For Work?

Work injuries can happen anywhere. What do you do if you are injured while traveling out of state for work? In workers' compensation matters, the state where you are injured may apply to your claim. If you are injured while travelling on work matters in Iowa, that may not be a bad thing. 

When it comes to workers' compensation benefits, not all states are equal.

You may have the opportunity to choose whether to obtain workers' compensation benefits under the state where you reside or the state you were injured. Before choosing a state to pursue recover under your own state laws, you may want to explore filing your claim in the state where you were injured.

Many people do not realize that workers' compensation benefits are different in different states. Each state has its own set of laws covering work injury claims and different caps on the maximum benefit a person is entitled to receive. The compensation a person might receive for the permanent loss of use of a limb, such as a hand or an arm, is more generous in Iowa than many other states.

Eric, Randy, and Sarah are dedicated to fighting for the injured worker. We fight for your rights to ensure you receive your full compensation. If you've been injured while on the job, or while traveling on the job, call us 515-225-4485...we are ready to put our years of expertise to work for you!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Set Up A Free ConsultationGet the help you need.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

This site uses Google's Invisible reCAPTCHA, which is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Office Location: