A scary accident in West Des Moines left one construction worker severely injured...
A construction worker was sent to the hospital after a power line came down on some equipment, shocking the man.
West Des Moines fire, police and EMS were dispatched to the 1300 block of 98th Street on a report of an electrocution.
West Des Moines EMS Assistant Fire Chief David Edgar said upon arrival, crews found a large excavator between two electrical poles with electrical lines on the ground. The lines were also partially over the equipment. It was determined that a piece of construction equipment came in contact with power lines, which caused the lines to come down.
A worker was in the equipment and shocked when the power lines fell.
Workplace electrical shocks can result in a variety of severe injuries. Most commonly, these are heart injuries (including cardiac arrest), tissue degeneration, and severe burns.
The sensation of electrical shock and severity of injury differ depending on the voltage, duration, and point of entry. Some of the worst onsite shocks are not felt at all.
If a workplace electrical injury has caused you to be unable to function at work, call Eric, Randy, and Sarah at 515-225-4485, we are well-versed in this field, and will be happy to answer your questions. We will fight for your rights to get you the compensation you deserve.