Types Of Settlements Available

If you suffered a work-related injury while working on a job site in Iowa, chances are you are covered under your employer's Iowa workers' compensation insurance policy. You are entitled to receive paid medical treatment and physical rehabilitation by approved medical providers. If your disability puts you out of work, you are also entitled to seek a weekly check to help compensate you for lost earnings and wages while you recover from your injuries.

Call Loney & Schueller for answers to all of your questions about your Iowa workers' compensation benefits. We work tirelessly to help injured workers receive the benefits they deserve. From offices in West Des Moines, our lawyers represent injured workers in communities throughout the state. Call toll free 888-857-9266 or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation about the types of workers' compensation settlements available through your employer's workers' comp insurance provider.

No matter where you are in the state, we are ready to come to you.

Lump-Sum And Structured Settlements

Types of cash settlements include:

  • Temporary disability: Weekly cash payments to cover your loss of earnings while you are unable to return to work at the same pay rate and job tasks previous to your injuries. Payments are made based on your average weekly earnings prior to your injury. Payments continue until your doctor signs off that you have achieved maximum medical recovery (MMR).
  • Permanent disability, total or partial: If your injury will not allow you to return to work, you may qualify for a weekly cash payment while you are receiving medical treatment. You may also qualify for a lump-sum workers' comp settlement. If your doctor signs off that you have achieved maximum medical recovery, but you are unable to return to work in your previous capacity (or at all), you may qualify for federal Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) income.
  • Second Injury Fund: This unique fund is financed by Iowa insurance providers with a special annual payment. The fund was established to offer another layer of wage protection for GIs returning from World War II with war-related injuries. However, it applies to all injured workers. In short, if you had a pre-existing injury or medical condition and suffer another work-related injury or disease, you may receive additional cash payments out of this fund.
  • Third-party claims: When you accept a workers' compensation insurance settlement, you forfeit your right to sue your employer for additional compensation. However, if you can demonstrate that your workplace accident or injury was the result of negligence by a third party, such as the property owner or product manufacturer, you may sue for additional compensation, including pain and suffering.

Do You Want To Learn More?

Learn more at these information pages:

We do not refer out our cases or pass our clients around to associate attorneys or paralegals. At Loney & Schueller, you get direct access and personalized attention.

Call us toll free at 888-857-9266 or use our convenient Contact page email form to arrange a free consultation. Remember — you pay NO attorneys' fees unless we help you recover money in a settlement or verdict.